Parks & Recreation
The Drumore Township Park is located at 1675 Furniss Road, Drumore, Pennsylvania and is located on 10 acres of land immediately in back of the Township Municipal Building.
The Park is open to the public each day of the week from dusk to dawn.
There are 2 pavilions available for reservation - the Eshleman Pavilion (located to the left) and the Douts Pavilion (located to the right). A $50.00 fee is now charged to reserve a pavilion. For more information, please contact the Roads & Park Department.
(See History of Drumore Park below.)
Roads & Park Department
1675 Furniss Rd
Drumore, PA 17518
Ph: 717-548-2660, Voicemail #1
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
History of Drumore Park
In 1976 Martin Eshleman contacted John O'Donnell about the possibility of purchasing the land adjoining the township property. But only received the statement of "The Township will get first chance if I sell the property" from Mr. O'Donnell. In May 1979 the Park moved from a beam in Mart's eye to a reality when he spearheaded the purchase of 10 acres of John O'Donnell's land that adjoined the Township. Seeking the $10,000 from the County for the purchase, he moved forward to make sure this area would be preserved for years to come and generations to use the land put aside for them. This tranquil piece of wooded property is now the place to be on a hot summer day. The fast moving stream cuts the park in half and meanders on toward the mighty Susquehanna River. A Park Committee was named in 1981: James Tucker, Greg Long and Roy Lewis. These men would make the park into what it is today.
A ten-acre jewel set in a valley between wooded hills, Drumore Park is a busy place in the summer with family reunions, parties, family ball games and even a wedding or two. Wide and flowing swiftly, scenic Fishing Creek bisects the picnic area and the ball field, with a rustic bridge providing a crossing.
The Township received a $10,000 state grant to purchase the site. Many hours of free labor went into the park by dedicated residents of the Township. John O'Donnell owned the property prior to its being purchased for the park. Eshleman's father owned the land at one time.
John Stoner built the bridge for the park and Charles Nichols (David Nichols) built the ball diamond as an Eagle Scout Badge project. Mike Kerr built the overhead entrance sign to the park as an Eagle Scout Badge project. He also landscaped along the driveway to the park with hemlocks and Douglas Firs. He sought donations from area suppliers to pay for the entire project.
There are two pavilions in the park, one honoring Martin Eshleman and the other honoring William Douts. Bill was a 21-year member of the Township Planning Commission. The Eagle Scout Project of Brian Myers gave us the Douts pavilion. The William Douts family had asked that all memorials be given to the park when Mr. Douts passed away. Owen Ryan of Ryan Family Nurseries donated several trees for planting in the area of the pavilion as his memorial to Bill. Adam Blough placed benches and landscaped around the benches in the park. The benches were dedicated to loved ones either as a memorial or in honor of. Each family paid for their bench.
Eshleman, as a member of the Wakefield Lions Club had asked the group to help purchase picnic tables for the park. The club donated $750 and the Tucquan Lions Club donated a like amount. Eshleman tells a tall tale of how he and Bill Welch got together and talked the Lions into doing this project for the township. Harold Long donated the macadam road into the park and Steve Wilson made and donated the directional signs for the pavilions.